SPARK ILLUMINATION: TWILIGHTER 5K RACE RETURNS TO CRYSTAL CITY
Crystal City (Arlington, VA) – Moonlight will illuminate the course as runners take their marks for the 8th Annual Crystal City Twilighter 5K race on Saturday, July 25th at 8:30 PM. Hosted by the Crystal City Business Improvement District (BID) in partnership with Pacers Events, and Vornado/Charles E. Smith, the Twilighter features spectacular nighttime views of Crystal City along a fast, flat course through area streets followed by festive post-race party deals. Lace up your sneakers and register today.
Twilighter Race Details:
- When: Saturday, July 25 at 8:30 PM
- Location: 2121 Crystal Drive
- Race registration: $40 Adults / $20 High School Students
- Course time limit: You must be able to finish the 5K course in 1 hour 5 minutes or less
- Teams and Awards:
- Overall male and female finishers placing 1-5 will receive cash awards.
- Male and Female finishers placing 1,2,3 in each age group will receive medals.
- Team entries are encouraged for this race. First and second all male and all female teams will win cash awards.
- The Twilighter is a fun lead up to cross country season for high school athletes and local teams are encouraged to participate. The top high school club males and high school club females placing 1,2,3 will earn plaques. The top team comprised of the best four finishers will all earn medals.
- Packet Pickup Details:
- The race packet will include a bib number with integrated timing tag, tech t-shirt, and glowsticks.
- Race packet pickup are at the following times and locations:
- Friday, July 24 at Pacers Clarendon from 10am – 8pm
- Saturday, July 25 at Pacers Clarendon from 10am – 4pm
- On-site from 5pm – 8:30pm
- Social Media: Like Crystal City on Facebook and interact with us on Twitter using #Twilighter. Guests who take photos during the event and post to Twitter or Instagram using #Twilighter and tagging @CCBID and @RunPacers will be eligible to win $25 to the Crystal City Wine Shop.
About the Crystal City Business Improvement District
The Crystal City Business Improvement District (BID) is a public-private partnership established in April 2006 to promote the vibrant Crystal City business, retail, restaurant and residential community. The BID is committed to showcasing the area as a world-class destination for visitors, employees and residents. Crystal City is INNOVATIVE, ACTIVE, ARTFUL, ACCESSIBLE, and GREEN. For more information, visit www.crystalcity.org.
Pacers is committed to a healthier, happier community. We believe running is a fun, accessible conduit for improving our lives and the communities we live in. We host a variety of running events throughout the year, provide various training and exercise programs around Washington DC, and recommend quality running gear to keep you going. www.runpacers.com