Potomac Yard – Arlington: National Gateway
The Phased Development Site Plan (PDSP) for Potomac Yard – Arlington envisions an urban mixed-use campus in which several intense compact centers of activity are set in and connected by a linked system of carefully sculpted, richly landscaped open spaces and transit access. Buildings and open spaces are integrated to create an attractive, memorable, and active pedestrian environment. The new neighborhood includes plans for a high capacity enhanced bus system that will run on dedicated lanes and connect to the regional metro system in Crystal City and in Alexandria.
- A new, transit-oriented mixed-use community consisting of over 1,500 new residential units, 625 hotel rooms, over 2 million square feet of office, and nearly 250,000 square feet of retail, including a grocery store
- A new, dedicated, bus-only transit way to serve the new development and connect it to the regional Metro system
- Nearly 5 acres of new park space
- An attractive, pedestrian-oriented streetscape oriented and around the new open space
- New recreational connections to regional trails and to Four Mile Run