Metropolitan Park is multi-phase redevelopment project transforming 16 acres of warehouses and parking lots into mixed-use developments. The first five phases, including the Gramercy, Millennium, Acadia, and the Bartlett (including a Whole Foods), have already been built. At completion, Metropolitan Park will be home to over 3,200 residential units and over 35,000 square feet of retail. The development is consistent with the County’s goal of encouraging smart growth and sustainable, walkable development within the metro corridors.
Plans for phases 7, and 8 of the development have yet to be proposed.
- Arlington’s largest apartment development at 3,212 units and will include its two largest apartment buildings
- A comfortable urban environment well integrated with its surroundings
- Walkable blocks set within a rational street grid
- A central green for community enjoyment
- Access to metro and other mass transit
- Well-detailed, carefully massed architecture meaningfully interacting with open spaces
- Streets activated with ground floor retail, park uses, and multiple street-level residential entrances
- Phase 1 – The Gramercy: Delivered 2008
- Phase 2 – The Millenium: Delivered 2010
- Phase 3 – The Acadia: Delivered Spring 2016
- Phase 4/5 – The Bartlett: Delivered Summer 2016
- Phase 6 – Site Plan approved by Arlington County Board in Spring of 2016; Construction schedule pending
- Phase 7 – To be determined
- Phase 8 – To be determined